Cozumel is proof that Mexico can do ‘island flavor’ with the best of the Caribbean. This island just happens to be perched atop a coral reef. Cruises to Cozumel dock at the island’s heart — just minutes from San Miguel’s seafront shops and the white sand beach at Chankanaab National Park. Drift among star corals and sea fans on a Cozumel diving excursion or simply kick back on the beach beneath your own palm palapa as the turquoise waves roll in.
- Cruise to Cozumel for a scuba diving adventure along the Great Mesoamerican Reef.
- Enjoy a leisurely day of snorkeling with iridescent fish at Chankanaab National Park.
- Swim with the flippy guys at Dolphinaris.
A tropical paradise that promises adventure, both onshore and off? Better Belize it! Crystalline rivers flow through impressive lowland jungles, home to wildlife of various stripes. (And various spots.) Silky-sand beaches, waving palms and colorful coral gardens are just part of Belize’s natural wonders. Whether mountain biking through a lush rainforest or snorkeling with the marine life, you’ll experience things you’ve only imagined… if you haven’t been to Belize yet.
- The Cayo District is where you’ll find an impressive system of underground rivers and caves.
- Go exploring, old-school-style, with local ancient ruins Cahal Pech, Altun Ha, or Xuananunich.
- Equally incredible above and below the surface is Turneffe reef, home of the world-famous “Blue Hole.
MAHOGANY BAY, ISLA ROATÁN, HONDURAS
With silky-sand beaches and diamond-clear seas, Roatán, Honduras is one of the Caribbean’s hidden gems. The largest of Honduras’s Bay Islands is a real beauty, built on a backbone of volcanic rock and ringed by the world’s second largest coral reef. Carnival cruises to Roatán promise superb diving and fishing, plus totally swoon-worthy beaches. The lush landscape of the wildlife reserves and pristine marine parkland of Roatán awaits you on your cruise to Honduras.
- Swim in the sparkling turquoise seas off West Bay.
- Ride the Magical Flying Beach Chair on the castaway island at Mahogany Bay.
- Dine on savory Honduran specialties in local West End restaurants.
- Watch resident capuchin monkeys cavort in Gumbalimba Park when you cruise to Honduras.
GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Enjoy laid-back British civility in a sun-splashed Caribbean tropical locale on your Carnival Grand Cayman cruise. Don’t let the island’s scrubland terrain fool you — a spectacular marine paradise lies just offshore, where a living undersea wall tapers off dramatically into the ocean depths. Cruises to Grand Cayman bring you directly to the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the kaleidoscopic Cayman Islands.
- Stretch out on the glimmering white sands at Seven Mile Beach.
- Stroll the shops, cafes, and museums in George Town, Grand Cayman.
- You don’t just go to the stingrays — they come right up to you — at Stingray City.
- There’s more than just turtles — but oh, are there turtles — at Cayman Turtle Farm..